Get rebates up to $100 on eligible ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerators and freezers
Refrigerators and freezers are two of the most-used appliances in the average home. When you choose ENERGY STAR certified models, you’ll be doing a lot more than just keeping your food fresh. You’ll save money on your energy bills for years to come—and when you buy now from participating PSE&G retailers, you’ll enjoy rebates up to $100.
ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators and freezers offer advanced features such as high-efficiency compressors and evaporators that create less heat and use less energy, improved insulation that helps food stay cold, and temperature and defrost mechanisms that help the unit operate more efficiently.
Better yet, when you’re ready to replace your existing refrigerator or freezer, we can help you properly recycle your old one.
How to get a rebate on a qualifying ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator or freezer
Purchase a qualifying refrigerator or freezer from any retailer and submit a rebate form online. Qualifying refrigerators and freezers must be purchased within 120 days of the application date.
Rebates for ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators and freezers
|Appliance||ENERGY STAR Certification||Rebate Amount|
|Refrigerator||ENERGY STAR Certified||$75|
|Refrigerator||ENERGY STAR Most Efficient||$100|
|Freezer||ENERGY STAR Certified||$75|
- The refrigerator or freezer must be ENERGY STAR certified.
- Compact refrigerators and freezers are not eligible for a rebate.
- Customers applying for a rebate must have an active PSE&G residential electric account. Commercial and multi-family properties are not eligible.
- The model number and serial numbers must be listed on the application or invoice.
- The model number must be listed on the receipt, or the SKU number must correspond to an in-stock, available model on the store’s website.
- Equipment must have been purchased within 120 days of the application date.
- Compact refrigerators and freezers, refurbished appliances, and leased appliances do not qualify. This applies to all rent-to-own appliances, lease-to-own appliances, and appliances in layaway at stores such as Rent-A-Center and Aaron’s. If the receipt shows the terms “lease to own” or “rent to own,” then a balance owed of $0 also must be shown, or the appliance must be paid for (upfront and in full) to qualify for a rebate.
- The rebate amount cannot exceed the value of the purchase.
- Equipment purchased from any utility’s online marketplace is not eligible for a rebate.
- Limit of one rebate annually per account for each refrigerator or freezer.
Follow these tips to make sure you’re minimizing the amount of energy your refrigerator and/or freezer uses.
- Keep your refrigerator’s interior temperature between 35°F and 38°F. Freezers should be kept at 0°F.
- If possible, position your refrigerator and/or freezer away from sources of heat (e.g., an oven, a dishwasher, or direct sunlight).
- Allow air to circulate behind your refrigerator and/or freezer by leaving a few inches of space between the wall and the unit. Also, remember to clean the condenser coils on your refrigerator regularly; refer to your owner’s manual for more information.
- Make sure your refrigerator’s and/or freezer’s door seals are airtight—and replace them if they aren’t.
- Keep the door closed as much as possible.